Followers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Still learning hard, still busy. cant wait to go back to Haiti,share and use my experience from Madison and to restart the Mobile Clinics. I have met a lot of Good people here in Madison. one thing I will miss is the hospitality and the kindness of all the staff I worked with and also the very good treatment that Krista D, Dr Dopf wife gave me. I will be back in Haiti at the end of June. I still don't know where and how I will sleep. its still raining in Haiti in plus of the big aftershock that we have every 1 or two days. My desire is not to be in a good place and having a very nice life, but its to be some where I can make a change, I can create, provide, help people healing, smiling , hope and recovery they autonomy and they health. “helping people healing is providing health to my soul” God give us Life with a lot of struggles. Time to go back almost arrive no more than two weeks. when I go back to Haiti, Some things I will work on: Back to my Life in Haiti, see my Family, helping them having a better place to sleep. Restart with the Mobil Clinic Create A Nurses association i(stat in Leogane) Back to the Nursing School and setup a Fracture department in which I will be able to teach the Student: Mastering the human skeletal anatomy How to identify an open/ close fracture how to reduce it how to diagnosis and trait any compartmental syndrome how to put a cast/ splint how to remove an external fixator how to remove a cast Teach them the essential about physiotherapy for a post-op orthopedic patient Renew the CPR skills 2010 American hearth ass. Teach them how to take care of a new or old wound teach them how to take care of a patient by them self on a emergency situation Sterile technique Suture techniques ... working at the tent Hospital and help with my new Nursing skill I will be able to work as a orthopedic assistant at the Operating Room A circulant nurse or instruments Nurse working on a 24 hours opening emergency room at the hospital create a new system to manage the medical supplies and the patient records at the Hospital promote the infection control inside the Hospital Enhance the sterile technique at the OR helping with a electronic system for the pharmacy and a better maintenance for the Drugs and fluid. create a PT(physical therapy department at the Hospital for the Post-op patient) ... participate to my Graduation ceremony in December take the national exam for nurses in Haiti Getting more Education to provide a better care in Haiti. Staff I need and

things I still don't have to go back to Haiti:
I need a complete nursing kit DUAL HEAD PROFESSIONAL NURSING STETHOSCOPE
Mini Otoscope/Ophthalmoscope Kit Pocket Resuscitator Mask
AED (automated external defibrillator) for trainer (training the nurses and the student) real AED for the hospital
We need an x-ray Machine at the tent Hospital
We need to have laboratory access
I need support with the Mobile Clinique
Camping rechargeable lantern Coleman
Inflate-All Quick Pump many other suplies
...
post more soon

No comments:

Post a Comment