Followers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

flash back

Tonight I can't sleep:} its too bad. I moved on my bed, turned all side, move the pillow and it has changed nothing. Then I felt the need to talk, like I remember that use to happened to me when I was in Wisconsin Madison. Tonight is different, its deeper, my tears can't stop. I think that I am afraid of sleeping, I want to stay awake, not in case another earthquake happened, but just to think about this tragedy of january 12. This is a story that I can't forget. No I can't forget what I have seen, hearing, living... This window will be never close on my mind. Yesterday I was at the nursing school and I had flash back from what happened on that ground. I could remember the cloud of people screening at us at the gate of the nursing school begging for care. I have never seen that before other than on the TV. It happened so fast.
Tonight I am crying, I can't stop crying . My tears can't help the people that died from the earthquake to come back to life, they can't erase the story of this tragedy as well, so none of that are the reasons.

But I am crying because we are still not ready ... Not ready. We did not learn enough from the disaster of January 12 2010.
I am afraid about some many January 12 that we could still know, that's why I am crying. Who's next? What's next?
When I was at the nursing school yesterday in Léogâne, with a friend from Yale, Connecticut, I had the feeling that nothing never happened there, that this tragedy was a dream that may happened on the future. But it did happen and I can't stop thinking of it. This story will stay for generations.
I wish I could give a big hug to all of the heroes of that day. Without your help we won't be able to breath a little bit today and take some time to think about this tragedy but we would still get stock a certain way with all the aftershocks that came with the quake of January 12. I want to talk on behalf of millions Haitian to thank you all, for you good help and good heart.


May God bless you and protect us.

1 comment:

  1. Remember to thank yourself, Rigan.
    You are one of those heroes.

    ReplyDelete